I really enjoy making vegan cakes lately. They are so much fun to make. I have to always make a research and then I like to create my own recipe. I am very happy to share this recipe with you. I made this vegan chocolate cake with coconut and berries mousse specially for my friend. Let’s go to the recipe.
First we are going to start with the vegan chocolate cake
To start the vegan chocolate cake we will need to weigh the ingredients:
After weighing all the ingredients, we are going to pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
Making the curdle
Mix the soy milk and the apple vinegar and leave it for a few seconds until it curdles.
Replace the ingredients
If you don’t like soy milk you can subsitute this milk with the following dairy free milks.
|Soy Milk||Almond milk, oats milk, Rice milk|
Add all the dry ingredients into a big bowl
Add in a bowl the cake flour, brown sugar, cacao powder, baking poder, bicarb and salt. Mix it using a whisk until is all incorporated.
Add all the wet ingredients into the previous mix.
Start adding the curdle of soy milk and apple vinegar. Add the olive oil and melted cacao butter, vanilla extract, warm water and hot esspreso coffee. Mix it using a spatula.
Weigh the batter and divide into 3 moulds
After the batter of vegan chocolate cake is ready, weigh the batter and divide into 3 moulds of 20 cm.
Prep the moulds
To prep the moulds, measure the mould and cut a baking paper, put it into the base of the mould, this way the cake won’t stick to the mould when you want to unmould it.
Bake the vegan chocolate cake
After adding the batter into the moulds, bake the vegan chocolate cake at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
Let the cakes cool down completely
After baking the vegan chocolate cakes, let them cool down completely before you unmould them.
Vegan coconut, mix berry chocolate mousse
Weigh all the ingredients, start whipping the coconut cream with 100 gr of brown sugar until it is semi-whipped.
Tip to whip the coconut cream
Keep the coconut cream in the fridge before you whip it. This will help you to have a more airy whipped coconut cream.
Add the chocolate into a jar and melt it in the microwave.
Add the mix berries puree and 16 gr of brown sugar into a jar and warm it in the microwave.
Once you have done this. Blend the warm puree with the sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add the puree into the melted chocolate and blend it until you obtain a perfect emulsion. Add this emulsion into a bigger bowl. Add the semi-whipped coconut cream a little bit by little bit until everthing is combine. Put the vegan coconut, mix berry and chocolate mousse into a container and let it set in the fridge for 12 hours.
Mix berry Compote
Add the mix berry puree into a pot with the sugar and let it boil for a fwe minutes. Let it cool down and put it in a container, keep it in the fridge.
Decorate the Vegan chocolate cake with coconut, mix berry and chocolate mousse
To decorate the cake you will need:
- Piping bag
- Cake board
- Cake turntable
First take the vegan coconut, mix berry and chocolate mousse from the fridge. Add it into a piping bag using a nozzle.
Add the cake board into the cake turntable, start by adding the first layer of vegan chocolate cake.
Using a brush add the mix berry compote all around the cake.
Add the mousse like the pictures below.
Repit the process, add another layer of vegan chocolate cake, more mix berry compote and vegan coconut, berry and chocolate mousse.
Repit the process one more time, add the last layer of vegan chocolate cake, add the mix berry compote and the vegan coconut, mix berry and chocolate mousse.
Using a piping bag add little dots of mix berry compote.
Using tweezers add caramelized almonds and gold flakes.
Enjoy your vegan cake
- 300 gr Brown Sugar
- 375 gr Cake Flour
- 75 gr Cacao Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Bicarb
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 375 gr Warm Water
- 300 gr Soy milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp Apple Vinegar
- 150 gr Olive oil
- 75 gr Cacao Butter
- 75 gr Hot esspreso coffee
Vegan Coconut and mix berries chocolate mousse
- 144 gr Mix berries puree
- 16 gr Brown Sugar
- 210 gr 70% Dark Chocolate
- 437 gr Coconut cream
- 100 gr Brown Sugar
Mix berries Compote
- 200 gr Mix berries puree
- 50 gr Brown Sugar
Vegan chocolate cake
- Mix the soy milk with the apple vinegar and let it curdle
- Add in a bowl all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking poder, bicarb, salt.
- Mix it all together using a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients: Olive oil, melted cacao butter, mix of soy milk and apple vinegar, vanilla extract, warm water, esspreso.
- Mix it all together using a spatula. Weigh the batter and divide it into 3 moulds. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Bake them at 180°C for 40 minutes. Let them cool down completly and then unmould them.
Coconut and mix berries chocolate mousse
- Semi-whip the coconut cream with 100 gr of sugar.
- Mix the mix berry puree with 16 gr of brown sugar. Put it in the microwave and warm it.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Add the warm puree into the melt chocolate and using a blender, blend until you have a perfect emulsion.
- Once you have the emulsion ready, add the semi-whipped coconut cream a little bit to the chocolate and mix it slowly with the spatula. Add the semi-whipped coconut cream in 3 stages. Mix it until is all homogeneous.
- Put in a container and in the fridge and leave it to rest for 12 hours.
Mix berry compote
- Add in a pot the mix berry with the sugar. Let it boil and keep it in a container until you need it.
- Piping bag and nozzle