For the recipe we will need the following ingredients:
- Roast your almonds and chop them roughly. Keep them separate for later.
- Add the honey in a pot and boil it until it reaches 120 °C
- In the meantime add the egg whites to the mixer.
Start mixing them using a whisk, when start forming a meringue add brown sugar slowly.
- Once the honey reaches 120 °C add it to the mixer slowly.
- Keep mixing until it forms a meringue.
Add the icing sugar, water and glucose to another pot.
Boil it until 155 °C.
Change the whisk for a paddle.
Once the syrup reaches 155 °C add it to the mixer.
- Mix it until it cools down. When is almost ready add the nuts and mix it.
Put nougat in a mould that has being greased with butter or any fat.
Add one layer of rice paper.
Add your nougat quickly because it can set very fast.
- Using a spatula spread your nougat.
- Once you spread your nougat. Add another layer on rice paper on top.
- Leave it to cool down over night.
- The next day we are going to unmould the nougat.
To do that we will need a spatula.
Using a spatula we are going to go around the edges of the mould.
- Flip it over
- Voilà our nougat is ready.
Tips to cut your nougat
- Boil water and add it to a container. Deep your bread knife in the boiling water. Leave it a few seconds and take it out. Dry it with a cloth and cut your nougat. Repeat process every time that you cut your nougat.
- Use a air thigh container to store your nougat. Use a grease prof paper in between.
If the weather is to hot put your nougat in the freezer for around ten minutes and then it will be easier to cut it.
Make your own recipe
To make your own recipe you can replace the following ingredients: – Almonds for (Macadamia, Pistachio, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Pecans, or any nut that you like). – Cranberries for (dry Apricots, peaches, pears, prunes, dates). – You can add essence or extract like vanilla, almond, orange, coffee and more.