Since I started making pizza at home, my idea of buying pizza change completely. Now I can make pizzas at home with this delicious pizza dough recipe. I can fill my pizzas with any ingredient that I like. It is a very easy recipe to prepare and you can enjoy it with your family and friends.
To make this recipe there are several methods you can use:
Using a Bread Maker
If you have a bread maker in your house then you simply have to add the liquid ingredients (water and olive oil), then the dry ingredients to the bread maker mould. Place the mould inside the bread maker and let it mix and rise for 1 hour and a half.
Using a Mixer
Place in a bowl the warm water with the dry yeast and the sugar, mix these ingredients and let stand for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixer bowl. After a few minutes add the mixture of water with yeast and sugar. Beat using a hook attachment. Beat for a few minutes until you get a soft and elastic dough.
Making the dough by hand
To make the pizza dough by hand, first you will place in a bowl the warm water, dry yeast. Mix and let stand for a few minutes. In the center of the table add the flour, make a hole in the middle forming a small volcano. Add the oregano, sugar and salt around the flour. In the middle place the olive oil and the mixture of water with yeast. Start forming the pizza dough and knead until you get a smooth and easy to handle dough.
Proof the Vegetarian Pizza Dough
If you chose to make your dough using the mixer method or by making the dough by hand. When you have the dough ready, you will place the dough in a bowl, cover the dough and let it rise for at least one hour at 26 ° C.
Roll the Vegetarian Pizza Dough
When your dough is ready the dough. Place the pizza dough on top of the counter, adding flour below and on top of the pizza dough. Roll the dough using a rolling pin and turn it over, continue rolling and adding more flour so that the dough does not stick to the counter. Give the dough a round shape and place it on top of your mould. Preheat the oven and when the oven is already hot, pre bake the pizza for about 8 minutes at 180 ° C.
Bake the Vegetarina pizza
After pre-baking the pizza, take it out of the oven, add the homemade tomato sauce, the filling and finally a lot of grated mozzarella cheese. Bake the pizza at 180 ° C for around 20 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven, cut it and enjoy it.
Homemade Tomato Sauce
For the process of the homemade tomato sauce, cut the tomatoes into small squares, cut the white onion in fine julienne. When you have the vegetables ready. Heat a pot and add olive oil. Let it warm and start adding the onion and garlic, let it caramelize and add the spices (salt, oregano, paprika, Italian herbs). When the onion and garlic are caramelized, add the tomatoes. Let the sauce cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Add cut basil to the sauce and continue cooking. Personally I like my sauce with pieces of vegetables, but if you want a smooth and homogeneous sauce you can place the sauce in a processor and blend it until you get a smooth sauce.
There are many varieties of pizza filling, I like the following combinations of vegetables and cheeses, of course always with a base of your delicious homemade tomato sauce.
- Mushrooms, red onion, green pepper, olives, basil and lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Brie cheese, cranberry jam, rocket and lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Slices of tomato, basil, avocado and a lot of mozzarella cheese.
- Mushrooms, feta cheese, avocado and a lot of mozzarella cheese.
- Pineapple, banana and a lot of mozzarella cheese.
- Caramelized onions, peach chutney, brie cheese and lots of mozzarella cheese.
- In short there are many varieties of filling that you can try.
Ingredients for 1 large pizza
- 125 ml Water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 225 gr Wheat flour for bread
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried yeast powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Ingredients for 2 large pizzas
- 250 ml Water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450 gr Wheat flour for bread
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 250 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 450 gr White Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 8 unit Tomatoes
- 1 unit White onion
- Garlic To your liking
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Basil
- 100 gr Mushrooms
- 1/2 unit Red Onion
- 1/2 unit Green Pepper
- 100 gr Olives
- 300 gr Mozzarella cheese Grated
- 100 gr Brie Cheese
- 50 gr Cranberry Jelly
- For the process of the pizza dough
- Mix the dry yeast with the warm water
- Add flour to the table, make a hole in the middle, add oregano, sugar and salt around the flour.
- Add olive oil and the mix (dry yeast and water) into the hole.
- Begin to knead the dough until it is elastic and soft.
- Let it rise at 26 ° C for about 1 hour.
For the Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Add olive oil to a pot, let it warm.
- Add onions, garlic and herbs. Let it caramelized and add tomato.
- Cut basil and add to the Homemade tomato sauce.
- Keep cooking it at low temperature for about 20 minutes.
- When the pizza dough is ready place it on top of the counter, divide the dough into two portions and start rolling it by placing flour so that it does not stick to the table.
- Give it a round shape pizza like to the two portions of the dough. Add it to the moulds.
- Pre bake the pizzas at 180°C for 8 minutes.
- After pre-baking the pizzas, remove from the oven and place the homemade tomato sauce on top of the pizzas.
- Add to the first pizza: mushrooms, onion, pepper, olives, grated mozzarella cheese and basil
- Add to the second pizza: Brie cheese, blueberry jam and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizzas at 180°C for around 20 minutes.
- Cut it and enjoy it.
- Rolling Pin
- Mould for the pizzas