This easy carrot cake recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare, 45 minutes to bake in the oven at 180°C, an hour to cool down after baking the carrot cake, and 10 minutes to decorate. Total time needed to complete this recipe: 2 hours 10 minutes from start to finish
For the recipe you will need the following
- 2 Eggs
- 90 gr Coconut oil
- 140 gr Cake Flour
- 5 gr Baking Soda
- 5 gr Baking Powder
- 2 gr Salt
- 5 gr cinnamon
- 134 gr grated carrots
- 95 gr Dates
- 55 gr Granola
- 120 gr pineapple
- 130 gr Sugar or Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
- 63 gr Unsalted butter
- 120 gr Cream cheese
- 2,5 gr Vanilla essence
- 5 gr Orange Juice
- 250 gr Icing Sugar
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl, don´t forget to sift your flour..
- In another bowl add all the wet ingredients, melted coconut oil, grated carrots, pineapple, eggs.
- Add slowly all the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, add dates and granola.
- Once you have all the mix ready you are going to add it to a previously greased mold.
- Or you can use grease prof paper on your mold, this way it will be easy to take your cake out of the mold.
- Don´t forget to preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Bake for 45 minutes a 180°C, you will need to check maybe it needs more or less time depending on your oven.
- For the icing cream cheese we will need to add in the mixer the butter and icing sugar, mix it with a paddle until its creamed
- Add the vanilla essence and the orange juice.
- Mix it and add the cream cheese mix it until everything is incorporated.
- Check if your cake is ready and take it out from the oven. Let it cool down.
- When is cool you can decorate with the cream cheese icing.
Steps to decorate your carrot cake