Banana bread is a type of quick bread. It is made with mashed bananas. It is moist and flavorful. I prefer to use ripe bananas because they have more flavor and they are more sweet than the unripe bananas.
Banana Bread Recipe:
- 4 Bananas
- 125 gr Brown Sugar
- 70 gr Unsalted butter
- 3 Eggs
- 225 gr Sifted cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 100 gr 70% dark chocolate
- 70 gr chopped almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- Lemon zest
- Soften unsalted butter
- Add butter and sugar to the mixer
- Using a paddle mix until the sugar is dissolve.
- Scrape the mix from the walls of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Mix it until is all incorporated.
- Peel and smash your bananas.
- Add it to the mixer.
- Add your salt and baking soda.
- Add your sifted cake flour on minimum speed.
- Leave a little bit of your flour to mix it with almonds, chocolate, cinnamon, allspice and lemon zest.
- Mix it until everything is combine.
- Add your mix into a mold that has being oiled and floured so your bread doesn’t get stuck into the mold.
- I’m going to use a bread maker to bake my banana bread. It will need at least 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a bread maker you can bake it in your normal oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes but you will need to check with a knife if it’s cook.
- After the 1 hour and 20 minutes take the bread from the mold. Pu it in a rack to cool down for at least 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes you can slice your banana bread and enjoy it.
- I like to eat my banana bread with cream cheese or peanut butter.
Banana bread is a fantastic recipe to try. It is very easy to make and versatile. That’s why you can add different ingredients to the recipe that you like. This recipe will help you as a guide to make your own recipe, be creative and explore by making your own variations and have fun! Ingredients that you can change in the banana bread recipe to make it your own. You can substitute:
|To||Honey, Maple Syrup, Molasses, Muscovado, |
Sweetner or a mix of sugars.
|To||Coconut oil, Olive oil|
|5% of the Cake |
|To||Brown Flour, Rye flour, Any nut flour, Wheat Bran.|
|To||White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or |
Different % of Chocolate.
|Almonds||To||Macadamias, Pistachio, Cranberries, Hazelnuts,Pecans,Walnuts.|
|Lemon Zest||To||Orange Zest, Bergamot Zest, Lime Zest|
|Cinnamon||To||Vanilla, nutmeg, coffee, nut extracts.|
5% of the total amount of Cake Flour will be 11,25 gr. You can change this amount to any kind of flour that you like. If you add more then 5% it will change the recipe. If you have any questions about this recipe, feel free to ask me in the comments below and I will be more than happy to answer you.